• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Let's see what's on the smokers today!!!

My ribs were an absolute failure. I can't even eat them. Horrible. I hate to admit failure but damn those were the worst ribs I've ever made. Too sweet, too dry, too salty. The outside was almost candied and sticky. The rub sucked. Wiping this cook off the books and forgetting it ever happened.

My ribs were an absolute failure. I can't even eat them. Horrible. I hate to admit failure but damn those were the worst ribs I've ever made. Too sweet, too dry, too salty. The outside was almost candied and sticky. The rub sucked. Wiping this cook off the books and forgetting it ever happened.

The candied and sticky part I could live with and I actually prefer mine like that. Sorry to hear they weren't salvageable. We've all crashed and burned a time or 2 before tho, so you're not the only one!

Been there bro… chalk it up to learning. Found out some of the best rubs are home made and changing the smoking times helps some too.
Keep smoking!!

So, after seeing bensskateshop bensskateshop smoked eggs and rack of ribs….

I had a frozen half rack of baby backs left from a previous smoke so I fired up the RecTec for a Tuesday burn. Did a 2-2-1 @ 225* and 15 mins @ 350* to set the sauce. Put on a couple eggs for 2hrs. Pulled the eggs and put together some tuna salad for sandwiches later in the week. DAMN! The added smoke taste of the Tuna salad is killer! Thanks for the posting the smoked egg shots. I’d a never tried it if you hadn’t posted it.
A8E2C0E7-A643-419F-A388-EBE3C1DED059.jpeg
9454500C-013D-4341-B925-D3A280BAA6BF.jpeg

How’d that go? Never had smoked lobster but it sounds awesome...
I grill them at 375* on the grill plates and keep’m basted with butter and garlic till done. It don’t take long so you have to really watch them.
I haven’t had any grilled lobster any better from anywhere. Ain’t nothing like grill marks on lobster tails!

Back
Top Bottom