• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Let's talk AK triggers

KERTWOOD KERTWOOD

I got it installed fit and finish are great. I do notice some grit on reset when releasing trigger so I'm thinking just a small polish with a q-tip and Mothers should do just fine.

Safety engages tight after a little work on one of the little provided pins.

Trigger breaks really nice using the existing hammer spring, should I order a high power spring or leave as is?

IMG_8560.JPG

KERTWOOD KERTWOOD

I got it installed fit and finish are great. I do notice some grit on reset when releasing trigger so I'm thinking just a small polish with a q-tip and Mothers should do just fine.

Safety engages tight after a little work on one of the little provided pins.

Trigger breaks really nice using the existing hammer spring, should I order a high power spring or leave as is?

View attachment 1256276

I would put a couple hundred rounds down ranges and give the parts time to wear a bit. The grit feeling should subside. If not you can do as you suggested but don't go crazy with stones and polish.

As for the extra power spring, it's only needed if you're getting light primer strikes. The standard AK spring is usually all one needs. I can't tell you if I needed one or not as I purchased the spring with the trigger and went ahead and installed it since I had it on hand

Let us know how it works out and feels after a few range trips.

Back
Top Bottom