• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Let's talk anodizing

JWAR91

Default rank <750 posts
Frontiersman
6   0
Reaction score
Bought an AR-10 yesterday and has some issues with the handguard and one thing led to another and my lower got a little beat on, may have it re-anodized in the future so I was wondering anyone know someone who does anodizing? And knows their quality of work and also I don't care to do the upper but would the finishes be close?

That would be a fun and interesting project. There is a lot of information online about how to do this at home. Making the finishes match would be the challenge. All I know is you need a battery charger, a clean plastic tube, lead, some titanium wire, and dye. Im not 100% sure on the solution though I believe it is muriatic acid and water. This is only for anodizing aluminum.

That would be a fun and interesting project. There is a lot of information online about how to do this at home. Making the finishes match would be the challenge. All I know is you need a battery charger, a clean plastic tube, lead, some titanium wire, and dye. Im not 100% sure on the solution though I believe it is muriatic acid and water. This is only for anodizing aluminum.

I don't know if I'm brave enough for all that yet....

If you've just got a few scrapes and scuffs, get a bottle of aluminum black and touch it up......

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_6_19/2...ving_with_Birchwood_Casey_Aluminum_Black.html

That may be the way to go because it's just where on the front

I have been thinking about it for a while. I have been looking for lead flashing to use for my diode, but have not found it in the big box home improvement stores.

If you get around to it let me know how it turns out!

Back
Top Bottom