• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Let's talk anodizing

LMAO

I always thought that anodization hardened the aluminum

From what I'm told as thick as the anodization is on the outside it penetrates and hardens the aluminum equally so I think you are right but that's just what I've been told haven't really researched it.

Bought an AR-10 yesterday and has some issues with the handguard and one thing led to another and my lower got a little beat on, may have it re-anodized in the future so I was wondering anyone know someone who does anodizing? And knows their quality of work and also I don't care to do the upper but would the finishes be close?
Secoa Technologies in Dalton. They do all of the anodizing for the company that I work for. They may be able to hook you up if you will give them a call. Tell them B&J Machinery referred you to them.

I put a birth mark on my recent build but it was a small one, took a rattle can of flat black sprayed a big spot on a piece of paper and carefully covered the mark using a tooth pick and the paint... bugged me for about a day knowing I did it especially after I did several other lowers without a mark...

After a few days I can't see it anymore and the birthmark isn't bothering me one bit, meh its gonna get more and if it gets a ton of wear and fugly I'll tear it down and have it cerakoted... Just touch it up and keep rolling with it couple days it won't matter...

Back
Top Bottom