• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Let's talk trucks.

Many of the medium duty market customers (landscaping trucks etc.) have gotten fed up with the new post emission era of diesel trucks and the higher price of fuel and gone back to gas engines. The new technology required to get Diesel engines to pass stricter and stricter emissions has put the heavy duty industry into a tail spin. Lots of down time. Lots of things that will derate or shut down an engine. Big dollars for repairs. The technology is improving. If I were going to go with a diesel, it would have to be a new one with the latest technology and a warranty. Or I'd buy a pre emissions truck. As far a gas engine go in today's pickup trucks. I'm not sure about hauling that much load for that distance. I'm not really up to speed on the newer gas engines for heavy hauling. But I'd sure be tempted if I thought I could do the job with gas.
And people wonder why VW had to cheat on their emissions systems in order to be sold in the US. I've had 2 VW TDI's and both were fully deleted. My second one was a 2011 with the CR engine and first thing I did when I bought it was delete the dpf and egr and tune it. DPF's are really what kill diesel engines along with the EGR's. Sky high EGT temps during a regen cycle are not healthy on an engine.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

To the guys who say they are also looking. Look at Mullinax Ford. They have some of the best prices i have seen. Also if you're looking at Used the dealers in Mississippi are loaded up with great 3/4 and 1 Ton trucks.

More power, slightly increase in fuel mileage, probably because I drive it different because of the power gain. No more filling up the DEF tank. When you delete a truck you can add different programmers to change power outputs.

I guess the obvious question is will it pass an emissions test after the DEF delete?

I guess the obvious question is will it pass an emissions test after the DEF delete?

Where do all y'all live that require diesels to be emission tested? Not being a smart ass, but Coweta doesn't require diesel emission testing. Plus most trucks would also be over the GVWR for testing, I know mine is. Of course all that could change one day, I guess?

Where do all y'all live that require diesels to be emission tested? Not being a smart ass, but Coweta doesn't require diesel emission testing. Plus most trucks would also be over the GVWR for testing, I know mine is. Of course all that could change one day, I guess?

Thanks for the info - this is my first diesel, so wasn't aware of that.

Diesel trucks do not have to pay emissions I thought, correct me if i am wrong but all that emission crap is a manufacturer requirement.

It's not about the diesel, my 6.2 F250 doesn't have to be inspected. Vehicles in Georgia with a Gvwr over 8500 lbs (I think that's the correct number) don't require the annual inspection.

Btw, i believe it is still illegal FWIW, to remove any emission component from your vehicle. There's just not much way in Georgia for anyone to find out about it.

Back
Top Bottom