• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Let's talk trucks.

Here's mine. Just spend a little more and go for the 2017, with all the new features and power (440/925). I went back and forth between a new 2016 with huge discounts (15K) and the 2017, but I'm glad I made the right choice, no regrets. It is a much better truck. View attachment 1022138

Great looking truck, looks like a newer version of my truck. I think you made the right choice. The biggest complaint I've heard about the 17s is how tall they are from the factory, especially if you have to reach into the bed a lot. There's been some discussion about how to lower the rear of the truck on 4wds.

Great looking truck, looks like a newer version of my truck. I think you made the right choice. The biggest complaint I've heard about the 17s is how tall they are from the factory, especially if you have to reach into the bed a lot. There's been some discussion about how to lower the rear of the truck on 4wds.
Every new truck is like that. The Toyota tundra I am renting is like that. Aggravating as crap. If I bought the Toyota, I'd have to bag and slam it to the ground.

I want it taller - I don't want any F-150s with 6 inch lifts looking down on me, LOL. I had it leveled, and when these tires (34") wear out, I'm going with 35.5s.

I want it taller - I don't want any F-150s with 6 inch lifts looking down on me, LOL. I had it leveled, and when these tires (34") wear out, I'm going with 35.5s.
Just lift it 24', install an extension ladder and put some giant tires on it. You are the reason the trucks are so tall. :thumb:
[Broken External Image]:

Mine has an 8" lift, so I look down on them :)

When I bought it, she had 38.5x14.50 Pro Comps on it. Couldn't turn around in a 50 acre field. Turning radius was seriously hindered. So, when I needed new tires I went w/ 37.5x 12.50s and still scrubs, but not nearly as bad. I hated losing that 1" of height, but they only go so tall and so narrow at the same time. I thought about going w/ a spacer to push them out a little, but was worried about it weakening the suspension system. I may end up doing it eventually anyway?

Screw the useless lifted trucks. I like the equally useless slammed trucks.
Like this one.
70acd2ac27b053ae24fb40fa335739f1.jpg

Mine has an 8" lift, so I look down on them :)

When I bought it, she had 38.5x14.50 Pro Comps on it. Couldn't turn around in a 50 acre field. Turning radius was seriously hindered. So, when I needed new tires I went w/ 37.5x 12.50s and still scrubs, but not nearly as bad. I hated losing that 1" of height, but they only go so tall and so narrow at the same time. I thought about going w/ a spacer to push them out a little, but was worried about it weakening the suspension system. I may end up doing it eventually anyway?

Yours looks awesome, but I don't want to go that high - can't get in parking garages or carwashes. I'm looking at Nitto Trail Grappler 295/65/20, which is 2 sizes larger than stock, will fit on the stock wheels, and measures 35.5x12x20 since they are oversized. They will provide an additional .75 inch of ground clearance and lift.

Back
Top Bottom