• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Let's talk trucks.

that's probably that fx4 off-road suspension which i would wager is not the most ideal for towing

Just gotta put enough lift on it to counteract the weight. True story: Had a pallet of mulch forklifted on back of truck, no sag at all. Had a pallet of sand loaded (I only bought 20 bags, don't know why they put a whole pallet of 50 bags on my truck), damn near bottomed out. But, if they had refused to unload them, I would have driven home anyway. I still had a few inches of clearance from my block.

Get ready emissions problems will be coming prepare to delete or have some money

Egr is expensive and no starts from nox sensors and coolant hose

Fx4 bad idea for heavy tows best luck with that

6.7 will not ever be talk as 7.3

From emissions to oil pressure recalls yeah no

Now they can make good power but will never out last a 7.3

Hope you changed trans filter and fluid sooner then normal cause these trucks eats trans

that's probably that fx4 off-road suspension which i would wager is not the most ideal for towing
It is soft at times but i had 4 pickups to make and had only done two at this point so everything forward of the axle was loaded and everything back was empty waiting to be filled. It leveled out once it had 4 motorcycles over the axle.

It is soft at times but i had 4 pickups to make and had only done two at this point so everything forward of the axle was loaded and everything back was empty waiting to be filled. It leveled out once it had 4 motorcycles over the axle.

makes sense - i like the feel of the fx4 when traveling on dirt roads or on my family's land. my f150 came with the standard suspension and it's a noticeable difference vs. my dads f150 with that package.

I'll add air bags or an add-a-leaf eventually but for now it does fine for under 7,000# which is all i typically do. Once in a blue moon i may hit 9,000#.

I'll add air bags or an add-a-leaf eventually but for now it does fine for under 7,000# which is all i typically do. Once in a blue moon i may hit 9,000#.

I have airbags with on board compressor on my FX4 6.7L. They aren't that expensive and even with 10k behind it I can eliminate any sag.

My 2001 had the add a leaf and I gotta say I like the bags a whole lot more since I can drop them down to about 5 psi and still enjoy a nice smooth ride when empty.

image-20170219_085247.jpg

I have airbags with on board compressor on my FX4 6.7L. They aren't that expensive and even with 10k behind it I can eliminate any sag.

My 2001 had the add a leaf and I gotta say I like the bags a whole lot more since I can drop them down to about 5 psi and still enjoy a nice smooth ride when empty.

View attachment 1190480

I was looking at bags mainly because i keep hearing that the add a leaf is just too stiff for everyday driving when a trailer isn't hooked up. This is primarily why i chose the 250 over the 350. This truck is my everyday work truck but it is also my family truck and needs to have a decent ride.

Back
Top Bottom