• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Let's talk UTV's

Rolling_trip

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
166   0
Reaction score
We are about to break ground soon on a house and I want to go ahead and get some type of UTV to putt around on on the property(25-30 acres). I've looked at Rangers and Mules, and honestly like the Rangers a little better. What say you? Is there any that I should also be looking at? My budget is $7-8k.

We are about to break ground soon on a house and I want to go ahead and get some type of UTV to putt around on on the property(25-30 acres). I've looked at Rangers and Mules, and honestly like the Rangers a little better. What say you? Is there any that I should also be looking at? My budget is $7-8k.
It depends how big you are. I'm 6'3", drove all of them, and all except the Yamaha Viking are way too tight in the legroom, and most aren't adjustable. I also liked the ergonomics of the Yam better.

Mules are a little slow but my oldest one is now 11 years old with thousand plus hours on it sitting outside most of it’s life I have several 600s and a 610 and I have a 3010 trans. I’ve tried all the Rangers and I just can’t be happy with them, although I have several Polaris four wheeler‘s that are just absolutely the best for wheelers in my opinion with my oldest 500 sportsman being I think 22 years old. I’ve tried the Cana.m.‘s I’ve tried razar and the general and I finally settled on Tyrex 4-seater. The Tyrex motor is extremely noisy but it has a lot of power and it goes as fast as I feasibly want to go on my hunting properties and farm and I don’t see how I could ever get stuck driving it I feel very safe it’s doors protect me very well I have no qualms driving near herds of hogs and boars with tusks. When I drove the general the open lower part of the doors scared me for driving at night with the wild animals that I have on our property although the general has a little stronger and more horsepower engine the speed that the general has does me no good because it’s faster than I would want to go or need to or can go because none of my roads and trails are long flat and smooth . Tyrex has permanent rear posi traction so not the best vehicle for driving on asphalt for making turns on concrete or for driving in manicured lawn’s because the rear tires when you turn from moderate to hard will chew up and turn up the grass and a little bit of dirt . I can’t recall if the Ranger general does that or not

I’ll tell you the truth I prefer driving my gasoline Yamaha golf cart. It has a mild lift and I just don’t go Baja muddying in it or driving 1000 acres away.. but it’s perfect for me to get between point a and point B it’s easy to get in and out and very comfortable and smooth riding. I just don’t go deep in the woods with it and I don’t go on our river trails because they’re awful narrow and very hilly but for just getting around for the most part my golf cart it’s wonderful and after 15 years it’s paid for self at least five times

Thank you for all that. I guess one of the things I like about the ranger is the bench seat, compared to others having it divided by a console of sorts. How's the ride in the Mule across bump trails, compared to the rangers? Mules have the heritage and honestly the best warranty I've compared to others.

You can buy one for $9800 with the r-4 tires, I have had one for eight years and never even replaced the battery, sold it for 5300 and bought a new one, great machines and safe as well, will go anywhere, price was for 4x4
I haven't had a chance to price those. How bad are they?

The rangers I've ridden in and the one I owned were great utility vehicles. The payload capacity is impressive if you need to put something heavy in it and plenty of power. The only things I didn't like was the dust and dirt that would get sucked into it from riding dry trails and the nonadjustable seat.

cart1.jpg

Here's my golf cart next to a standard cart. With the 6 inch lift and 23 inch tires and 72 volts, it can do LIGHT off-roading. Anything else you would want gas and 4X4.

Back
Top Bottom