• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Let's talk UTV's

How’s your terrain.. stumps, pits and mud bogs to maneuver through ? If your trails aren’t too bad then a late model preowned gas golf cart with a inexpensive lift kit and upgraded knobby tires might meet your needs for about 1/3 the price and will ride fairly comfortable and are generally reliable, low maintenance and very fuel-efficient.

I have thought about that. My only hang up is that golf carts are originally engineered for light duty. Jacking them up and putting all terrain tires, does nothing to beef up the frame or supports.

The terrain will be pretty rough, at least until trails are established. The width of the Carts are attractive though. These UTVs are wide, especially the Yamaha 3 seater.

Thank you for all that. I guess one of the things I like about the ranger is the bench seat, compared to others having it divided by a console of sorts. How's the ride in the Mule across bump trails, compared to the rangers? Mules have the heritage and honestly the best warranty I've compared to others.
My Ranger has been great it's an 800 XP will tow up to 2,000lbs and carry 1,500lbs in the bed. 3 modes of drive full 4wd, 2wd, and turf mode which is only 1 wheel pulling. Holds 9 gallons of fuel and burns 1 gal per hr.

My Ranger has been great it's an 800 XP will tow up to 2,000lbs and carry 1,500lbs in the bed. 3 modes of drive full 4wd, 2wd, and turf mode which is only 1 wheel pulling. Holds 9 gallons of fuel and burns 1 gal per hr.

Thanks, the Ranger just seems like the best bang for the buck.

IMG_1619.jpg

This is mine it's a 2011

Bump, anyone recommend somewhere to find used ones?

Craigs List. It's easy to spot the scams. The price is way too low, they usually only have one picture, and/or they framed the image and embedded a number into it. And look all over GA. I'm helping a friend look for one now, and there are some good deals to be found.

And do you want it for just play, or do you intend to do work with it also? If you intend to do some work, you'll want a dump bed at the least. How many seats do you need? If you need more than 2, then you're limited to the bench seaters, the 3 seat Yamaha Viking (which is kind of big but not bad), or 4 seaters which can be big. The smaller 4 seaters can be fairly cramped.

I'm partial to Yamaha. I have an 07 Rhino that has only needed basic maintenance after years of work and play.

Craigs List. It's easy to spot the scams. The price is way too low, they usually only have one picture, and/or they framed the image and embedded a number into it. And look all over GA. I'm helping a friend look for one now, and there are some good deals to be found.

And do you want it for just play, or do you intend to do work with it also? If you intend to do some work, you'll want a dump bed at the least. How many seats do you need? If you need more than 2, then you're limited to the bench seaters, the 3 seat Yamaha Viking (which is kind of big but not bad), or 4 seaters which can be big. The smaller 4 seaters can be fairly cramped.

I'm partial to Yamaha. I have an 07 Rhino that has only needed basic maintenance after years of work and play.

Probably will be primarily used to run through the woods, working or just cruising around. I have zero care about speed. I think I have decided on 500+ Ranger, now just have to find one at a decent price. Keep your eyes open for me too, south Ga is fine location as well.

i believe you have already answered the question but my experience
if you are looking for a work vehicle 90/10 then the kubota rtv is the way to go
not a speed demon but the diesel will do what ever you want it to do
hydrostatic transmission vs belt is a no brainer for work
bought 8 ply tires and flats are no longer in the cards for us running through reclaimed woodland with the bush hog remnants pretending they are punji sticks!
RTV 1100 w/ dump bed AC and heat . . . the bees knees!!

if this is primarily recreation with lite chore duty then i would advise a used ranger or gator . . . or mule or anything. there is always a deal on craigslist . . . have a trailer ready and cash in hand. they will move fast

Back
Top Bottom