• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Lets talk wireless thermometers

jpm2953

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
403   0
Reaction score
I have an instant read but I want a wireless one I can set an alarm on. I don't need more than 2 probes. Nothing fancy. What's y'alls opinion on the best one. Lets say under 100 bucks

I have one that was a gift - made by Sharper Image. Works great. Not sure how much it cost, though.

Maverick et-73. I've had mine for 5 yrs or more and use it all the time. Two probes. I think they're less than $40.
I have the same one, I like the two probes and the remote unit to keep beside me. My issue with it however is that there is a 10 degree difference between the two probes when sittinf side by side....which one if either is correct?:frusty:

I have the same one, I like the two probes and the remote unit to keep beside me. My issue with it however is that there is a 10 degree difference between the two probes when sittinf side by side....which one if either is correct?:frusty:

You should be able to calibrate them.

Ice Water is your friend.

If you want cheap and convenient, HD/ Lowes $30-50.
Otherwise, I use a decent dual probe that I got on Amazon for under $100.
Sometimes where I cook my phone doesn't work.

WP_20161130_004.jpg

Maverick ET-732, under $60, works anywhere on my property or in my house. Alarms, two probes, and much cheaper than the Bluetooth ones (at least that was the case last year; perhaps they've come down).

My probes are accurate and consistent, FWIW.

Back
Top Bottom