• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Letter from clergy

But you are willing to have a clergy lie for you?
Only a few more obscure religious factions even believe that way. IE Christian Scientists, Jehovah's Witnesses, Amish and Scientologists etc

You think that little of me? I am looking for a clergyman willing to talk to me to assess my beliefs and only after he is satisfied write a letter. I'm not trying to lie or fake anything.

Religious exemption? If it were me, I would not get the jab because I think they are deadly and also would not, because of aborted fetus cells. We attend a Bible Believing Baptist Church and no, we don't have an official stance on vaccines but we are very much anti-abortion and most that I know would not allow aborted baby cells in their bodies.

I retired in 06. worked and trained till 2014.I stopped taking the flu shot in 05. That was the last time I had the flu. I took the shot every year and got it BAD every year. I know , they say it does not work like that, BUT!

this year I caught something on the 1st, feels like the flu or a bad cold. Worst I have had in decades. But I still would not take a flu shot. If I did not have to.
And I don’t.
I feel for those that do. I did take it because the VA said I would have to to get treated this year. I folded. That is a big factor in medical and financial for myself and wife. Not the lonely one but a big one.
Choose wisely.

I also would have assumed that anybody who isn't part of any organized church or congregation but who wants a letter from a pastor / priest / clergy to say that they cannot take an immunization shot based on religious reasons was lying, trying to exploit a loophole in the government's policies.

I cannot, off the top of my head think of any real religious-based reason to say no to a COVID vaccine. Any reasons I've ever heard of would be temporal and related to Earthly concerns about leading a good life down here in this world, being healthy, happy, prosperous. With a focus on what's best for ME, the individual, not what's best for anybody else, or the society at large.

All legitimate concerns, sure, but none founded on religion, which to me means obeying God's word and obeying the government's health policies are mutually exclusive, and complying with one violates the other.

(And saying this as a Christian who has read all of the bible and been studying it bit by bit for 10 years, and going to church regularly)

There may be some religions / cults out there who genuinely feel that ALL MODERN MEDICINE is against God's plan, in that if God wants you to get sick, you should get sick, and stay sick for as long as God wants. When God wants you to heal, you'll heal-- without any intervention from doctors, and without any medical intervention. And if you die instead of getting better, well, that must have been God's plan for you all along. Who are you to try to interfere with God's plan for how your life will go and when it will end?

This is probably the best option. Find somebody who feels about religion and faith the same way you do and you can both study online and both become "Ordained" as ministers or whatever they call it in this "faith."

Having done so, your minister-friend can sign-off on your vaccination exemption
and you can do the same for him.

You both can pick up some side money doing marriages, too, for couples who want a "wedding" with some kind of religious overtones and acknowledgement of a higher authority than some Judge or Court Clerk in a fully secular proceeding at the courthouse.

You think that little of me? I am looking for a clergyman willing to talk to me to assess my beliefs and only after he is satisfied write a letter. I'm not trying to lie or fake anything.
No I don’t, but if you never had this belief before than it isn’t yours today. While I can understand lying to a lying, cheating entity, like our current Govt. I would be reluctant to involve a someone else. Like I said most religions don’t have these aversions.

I retired in 06. worked and trained till 2014.I stopped taking the flu shot in 05. That was the last time I had the flu. I took the shot every year and got it BAD every year. I know , they say it does not work like that, BUT!

this year I caught something on the 1st, feels like the flu or a bad cold. Worst I have had in decades. But I still would not take a flu shot. If I did not have to.
And I don’t.
I feel for those that do. I did take it because the VA said I would have to to get treated this year. I folded. That is a big factor in medical and financial for myself and wife. Not the lonely one but a big one.
Choose wisely.
Exactly my feelings as well. Every time I get the flu shot I get sick, real sick.

Back
Top Bottom