• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Levergunitis

JMs of course. However I did trade into my first Henry the other day. Havent shot it yet, but it handles nicely.
15743094159755865364875927747128.jpg

Just wait till you start getting lever gunz with threaded barrels. Teddy Roosevelt was really on to something when he first screwed a silencer onto his thudy thudy.

When I shoot a water bottle with a suppressed sub from a 30-30, folks giggle when about all they hear is the bottle exploding.

I'm a bolt gun guy and always will be, but in the last few years I've been wanting a good lever gun for hunting.

A couple years ago I got a 336 30-30, because anyone with lever guns should have one of these, just because. I was very pleased when I discovered it consistently shoots about 1.5 MOA with Remington 170 grain.

Last Spring a picked up a Savage 99 in 300 Savage and fell in love. Unfortunately it has had issues and I got tired of messing with it. My brother has wanted one of these longer than I have, so I sold it to him for cheap.

A few weeks ago I got an older Browning BLR 81 in 308. WHOOT! Very smooth action, a good trigger and it shoots 1 MOA with the Hornady 178 ELDs, which is what I also use in my M1a for hunting. This thing is sweet! Some previous owner stripped the lacquer finish and hand rubbed the stock. I did another layer of oil and then sealed it with traditional stock wax. It looks great! I think it's my new go-to for Eastern hunting.

I have owned quite a few leverguns over the years. I especially like straight stock Marlins. I like Henry as well, good rifles.

I have a few. The Marlins are JM stamped.

Marlin 39 Mountie .22
Marlin 30 TK 30-30
Marlin Texan 30-30
Marlin LTS 30-30
Marlin 1894 .357
Marlin 1895 45/70 stainless
Henry Big Boy .45 Colt.

Back
Top Bottom