• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Liberty suppressors what say you?

Poppa Mike

Default rank 5000+ posts
4H rifle team coach
40   0
Reaction score
I'm considering getting a suppressor for my Ruger American Predator .308. I have been looking around online and found Liberty's 7.62 HR which is designed for hunting rifles. This will be used just for hunting purposes. Anyone have one of these?

Take a look at Deadair's new Nomad too. It weighs around 14oz. Even lighter is Q's trash panda right under 12ozs.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I've got a Liberty Mystic X. I had issues with end cap and monocore strikes shortly after taking possession and had to send it in to Liberty for maintenance. They sent it back with a new core, and said they couldn't find a problem. I've heard similar stories from other Liberty owners, supposedly their QA department is lacking. Lately I've begun noticing more and more bullet shavings inside, although the core and end cap seem to be holding up. I'm wondering if there's some issue in the mount I bought, although I had then take a look at it when it was sent in. At this point, it's a dedicated subgun can for me, since it gets really dirty and the carbon buildup makes it hard to swap the Pistons for the FBA, and it's a pain in the neck to take apart. I'm looking into a new 9mm can in the next year to replace it in the rotation.

Thanks for the responses, I think I'm going to search a bit more. Liberty has a nice price on the 7.62HR ($400) but I'm not too impressed with the reviews I've seen.

I've got a Liberty Mystic X. I had issues with end cap and monocore strikes shortly after taking possession and had to send it in to Liberty for maintenance. They sent it back with a new core, and said they couldn't find a problem. I've heard similar stories from other Liberty owners, supposedly their QA department is lacking. Lately I've begun noticing more and more bullet shavings inside, although the core and end cap seem to be holding up. I'm wondering if there's some issue in the mount I bought, although I had then take a look at it when it was sent in. At this point, it's a dedicated subgun can for me, since it gets really dirty and the carbon buildup makes it hard to swap the Pistons for the FBA, and it's a pain in the next to take apart. I'm looking into a new 9mm can in the next year to replace it in the rotation.

Out of curiosity, do you know if you have the updated X or the original? In other words, is it rated for 300wm and 338wm.

Back
Top Bottom