• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Light primer strike on CZ sp 01?

cdb400

Default rank <1000 posts
Frontiersman
38   0
Reaction score
Recently got a CZ sp01 used. I was told it has Cajun gun works upgrades but he didn't have the orig parts or receipt so I can't say for certain. Trigger pull is perceived as better than stock CZ triggers I've fired. Ordered some Sellier and Bellot 115gn brass rounds. Had a chance to shoot before they shipped so I grabbed some Tula steel from wallyworld on my way to the farm.

I had 4 light primer strikes(no bang) in 150rds. They were all the 2nd round fired in the mag. Each time, I ejected the round and continued through the mag without problem. Loaded the 4rds in a mag at the end of the session and all 4 went bang the 2nd time around.

Just got to the range today with my S&B brass. I had 1 light primer strike in 150rds. It also went bang on the 2nd attempt.

I'm new to CZ's and 9mm. Is this sort of thing expected or?

Sounds like the wrong hammer spring is on there.

Usually when you start messing around with the spring weights this can happen.

500+ no problems. Used all sorts of cheap and dirty stuff, still goes bang.

I've never had a CZ that didn't run 100% on everything I cold stuff into it.

You got a tuned trigger that has a lighter hammer spring to provide a lighter trigger pull.

You happened to pick up two brands of ammo that have some of the hardest primers out there. Try some different ammo if you want to keep the trigger pull, or you may have to go to a heavier hammer spring.

just a thought, you said it was always on the second round in the magazine. Presumably you have a fully loaded magazine, chamber a round, bang, second trigger pull, nothing, okay from there out.

Try loading 1 less round and see if that solves the issue. Tula Primers are hard, but the failure consistency suggests other contributing factors such as the slide possibly not returning completely home.

Again, just a thought.

Back
Top Bottom