• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Light primer strike on CZ sp 01?

So I've put a few hundred rounds thru it using correctly loaded mags and haven't had an issue. Using both Tula and S&B along with 2 other brands. I'll keep testing, which I enjoy very much. Everyone should have a CZ at some point. ;)

So I just sold this gun off and wanted to provide some more info on it. The new owner works at a gun shop, so we met there. He did some dry firing and agreed the trigger felt great. Took it into the range and sent a few mag's worth down with no problem. We then walked it back to the Smith's to have a look. I was super interested to find out what had actually been done since the guy I bought it from couldn't tell me and didn't have the orig parts. All the Smith's agreed that the trigger felt great, but advised it was not "safe". The safety DID work, but he had other concerns that were above my knowledge level. It turns out that the only thing Cajun about it was a spring. Aside from that, someone had "bubba'd" the trigger, at home, with at least some competence. I think the main concern from what was done was called "hammer follow". Something had been drilled and tapped, and then covered up. I seem to remember something about the trigger pin wanting to walk itself out as well. The new user is planning on using it in competition, and planned on doing the full works from Cajun anyways, so he went thru with the purchase and will get all the "issue's" resolved via new Cajun parts. SO lesson learned - Buy stock and upgrade if you choose. If you must buy a modified weapon, insure the owner can provide documentation of the work done. I made the decision to buy the gun knowing the unknown about it, so that's on me. It still shot great and I really enjoyed it while I had it. If I had kept it, I would have continued to shoot it as is, until it fell apart, and then addressed any issue's. I still have no idea why the light primer strikes occurred(for sure). Considering this saga closed, however I'll ask the new owner is he wants to chime in with more specific's on what the Smith said. Thanks for all the help and support ODT!

Back
Top Bottom