• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

light saber?

light saber.JPG

Yea, I watched the 119th sequel of Star Wars with yet another light saber duel and thought "What would Sgt. Saunders do?"
Little John, bring up the B.A.R. for those clowns in the white plastic suits while I tommy gun this sparkler waving Nazi!

For the youngsters: its an allusion to '60's WWII drama "Combat!" with Vic "copter topped" Morrow

I don't want some child's play toy. I want the real thing! To have the ability to flip a switch and have essentially a laser scalpel the length of a sword. Awesome!

The all purpose "gerber tool" of all cutting devices. Surgical removal of limbs, Door breacher, Bolt cutter, vehicle immobilization device, and everything else you can think of.

This is my light saber
There are many like it .
But this one is mine .
My biggest peeve about the star wars movies was that they had concurred space, but still couldn't hit nothing in a gun battle. You'd figure with all that technology they would build a better sight. Although in the last one I saw Han solo was a much better shot.

My biggest peeve about the star wars movies was that they had concurred space, but still couldn't hit nothing in a gun battle. You'd figure with all that technology they would build a better sight. Although in the last one I saw Han solo was a much better shot.
Yes! Why wasn’t every gun on its own turret, and all turrets compute/droid controlled? Once Friendly/enemy craft are identified the computer could fire on multiple targets simultaneously irregardless of speed, attitude, or craft maneuvers.

So why didn’t they do that in the movie?

It’s not in the script.

The writing staff had to be aware of such nonsense and the director wanted the “Top Gun” tension of a dog fight as psart of the emotional roller coaster of the movie experience

Yes! Why wasn’t every gun on its own turret, and all turrets compute/droid controlled? Once Friendly/enemy craft are identified the computer could fire on multiple targets simultaneously irregardless of speed, attitude, or craft maneuvers.

So why didn’t they do that in the movie?

It’s not in the script.

The writing staff had to be aware of such nonsense and the director wanted the “Top Gun” tension of a dog fight as psart of the emotional roller coaster of the movie experience
All guns were droid controlled.
But so was the jamming.
So it balanced out.

Back
Top Bottom