• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Lighter .30-06 loads

I had good luck years ago using 51-52 gr Varget and 130gr Speer HP and 55.5gr & 125 gr Sierra soft point. Hodgdon site still has those loads listed and others. Pick your Powder / Bullet. Check the Books. My Dad used to load 125 gr for his .06's because he felt same thing, these were great on the Average Ga. Deer. But not sure what his Loads were. I've used the H4895 with no problems I just had more Varget back then. That's the Beauty of Reloading being able to TAYLOR Make what you want to shoot.

http://www.hodgdonreloading.com/data/rifle

Last edited:
I get it. I'd rather carry a Leatherman on my hip and have 20 tools at my disposal than carry a rolling toolbox on my back! As a reloader, you get to choose one fine firearm in a versatile caliber, do multiple jobs with it, and do them well!

I've used the Sierra 125-gr. flat-tip hollow-points to load low-recoil 30-30 rounds for my son (33gr. of IMR-4895), and they've killed several deer as dead for us as any other! I've got some data on 30-06 loads, but will have to dig it out. Sierra's reloading manual will have it, or you can use data from any 125-gr. jacketed bullet to get you started, then just work up slowly to the lowest load with desired accuracy.

Back
Top Bottom