• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Lightweight 10/22 Build

DNZ mount and Nikon kills the lightweight part of your build. I run DNZ and Nikon on my heavy build.

How does the DNZ mount kill the lightweight part? Both the DNZ mount and the Weigland Combat Integramount weigh 4 ounces, and they are a one piece base/ring combo. Kind of hard to beat that.

What kind of mount do you suggest then? And I really like the Nikon's glass. Not a fan of weaver stuff.

Talley Light Weight mounts. Nikon scopes are awesome just a littke bulky for my idea of a light weight build. But there is no such thing as a "wrong" choice on a 10/22 build. Send pics when you are finished.

How does the DNZ mount kill the lightweight part? Both the DNZ mount and the Weigland Combat Integramount weigh 4 ounces, and they are a one piece base/ring combo. Kind of hard to beat that.

It may be the Feddersen barrel that I have the DNZ paired with that makes for a heavy feel. Just offering some alternatives that I have used.

It may be the Feddersen barrel that I have the DNZ paired with that makes for a heavy feel. Just offering some alternatives that I have used.
It's definitely the Fedderson barrel. I think they make the best barrel in the 10/22 world, but they are definitely not lightweight. A TacSol barrel is 15 ounces, and the DNZ or Weigland is 4 ounces. I've done several builds with those combinations that were right at 5 pounds scoped.

It's definitely the Fedderson barrel. I think they make the best barrel in the 10/22 world, but they are definitely not lightweight. A TacSol barrel is 15 ounces, and the DNZ or Weigland is 4 ounces. I've done several builds with those combinations that were right at 5 pounds scoped.
HE IS ALIVE! :peace:
jclem02 jclem02 im still loving my 10/22. It's ONE gun that I won't be selling!

This gun is one I have available right now. 5lbs 4oz, and that includes the Nikon 4-12x40 Nikon scope. Jholdbrooks Jholdbrooks TacticalJeebus TacticalJeebus
HE IS ALIVE! :peace:
jclem02 jclem02 im still loving my 10/22. It's ONE gun that I won't be selling!

LOL...I am alive. I just hardly make it on here near as much as I should. Glad you're still pleased with yours!

Back
Top Bottom