• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Lightweight build advice

pistolpat

Default rank <3500 posts
ODT Junkie!
52   0
Reaction score
Recently got hooked on physical competition like proving grounds, tactical games, 5K run n gun and what not and I would like to build a lightweight rifle to use for those. Never tried to skim on weight in the past so what are some go to parts and some to stay away from?

There’s obviously lightweight BCG’s and polymer lowers but when I did a lightweight backpacker build I used that Aero Atlas S system and it’s pretty light. I also used a lighter buffer and thinner profile barrel. I used a LAW Folder to have it backpack worthy but it’s obviously not needed. There’s also a DOLOS system that has a quick release barrel system for storage. It’s pretty light.

2A armament makes a bunch of nice stuff for that. If you pair some of their offerings with a nice pencil barrel you can get a pretty lightweight little guy

48F5B21F-0374-4D06-BF6F-EF6FB688ECC9.jpeg

I'm not a huge fan of polymer receivers but if I was going to use one, I'd probably go with KE arms. It limits your stock options because the stock is built into the lower, but I also think that would help with durability, not to mention their particular lower has been in the poly game a long time...one of first ones, if not "the" first one....

Back
Top Bottom