• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Lightweight Hunting Suppressor

SteelRinger

Default rank <2000 posts
ODT Junkie!
50   0
Reaction score
So, I have decided that I would like to do a majority of my hunting suppressed after speaking with my new neighbors and other folks out here who hunt a lot.

With that in mind, I am looking for a direct thread can that is lightweight that I can swap between my 6.8 SPC, my 6X45 AR (.223 necked up to 6mm), my wife's .243 and my 30-30, which I will have threaded. I am going to leave my .35 Remington, 7mm-08 A-bolt and my .300 Savage unthreaded as I don't wand to take away from the value that they have.

Additionally, if I can find a place where i can hunt with my pistols, I will also have my 6.5 TCU, 7TCU and 7-30 Waters Contender barrels threaded.

So, now that you know my specs, here is what I am thinking. I really like the Dead Air Sandman Ti, but nobody here in TX has them in stock. I like the price on the Silencerco Harvester, but am questioning the durability over time. I also have been doing some looking at the reviews of the SAS Arbiter and it looks very promising as well, but not sure it is worth the extra $100 over the Sandman and extra $300 over the Harvester.

Any other cans I should be considering? Keeping in mind that I have a Specwar in jail right now, but it doesn't fit the criteria of lightweight and direct thread, so it will be used on my 300 BO SBR and my 5.56 Bench gun only.

Sandman TI or harvester. Can't really go wrong with either. As far as the durability of the harvester, it's fine as long as you keep the rate of fire on the lower end.

The sandman s and l will be available in the next week or so. The ti will follow.

That said, Id look at the omega too. Despite one meter session, it is still the best new can coming out and should meet your needs well and is light.

I shoot my harvester on all my bolt guns and love it too.

I use an AAC Cyclone for the exact role you are looking to fill. It isn't the latest and greatest on thr market, but it has great suppression and can handle a bit more than the harvester.

Another possible + for the harvester 300. basically an octane 9mm can with welded baffles
May work on an M9 really well. ;-)

Back
Top Bottom