• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Like a Forced booster shot for your cell phone

They have a plain jane flip phone still. They will generally always offer a basic style phone because a lot of companies still use them for basic communications. My work is looking at doing that right now, issuing flip phones to all maintenance for in plant communications so it can only be used for calls or texts.

That is not realistic asking somebody to support it for a actually human lifetime, not with technology . I understand to some in a dream world that would be nice but this will never happen.

If you want less change stick with flip phones or an iPhone. iPhones don’t really change much year to year and the software looks the same as years ago.

Now I agree for thousands of years things changed at a slow pace. Now the world changes at a very fast pace.

Also you don’t have to have a cell phone if stick for a landline you could have had the same line line telephone for a long time.
OK guys, let’s put this one to bed.
I have unrealistic expectations in today’s throwaway world.
I am also on my third flip phone due to 2G, now 3G going away, looking forward to future system phaseouts.
I will also go on record that I hate change (old people do that).
Done.

Well, I have done, and will continue to do, stupid stuff, as is my prerogative. And expect to continue to receive the services I am paying for (which I am with AT&T btw, I just hate having to learn a new phone every couple of years).
Yep. My black dial phone I inherited from my parents is going strong, through 70 years or so, three teenagers, and several life times of living.

What's interesting is that I can pick up the handset, and call just about anywhere you can call on 5G, using 19th century technology.

Yep. My black dial phone I inherited from my parents is going strong, through 70 years or so, three teenagers, and several life times of living.

What's interesting is that I can pick up the handset, and call just about anywhere you can call on 5G, using 19th century technology.
You actually have a hardline?... Gee I saw one onetime.. Hows that work for ya when you are not at Home?.....

I get great service no matter where I go….

Please dont tell me you still use Dial up?
I have some modems around still somewhere if u need em’?

Back
Top Bottom