• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Like new..just 50 rounds down the pipe.

nocman_2

Default rank <1250 posts
NRA Patriot Life Member (Benefactor)
11   0
Reaction score
I'm sure it's possible to buy a used handgun with about 50 rounds down the pipe, but come on, they are not ALL like that!!!!

As soon as I buy a hand gun I run couple of hundred through it as soon as possible to get used to it and break it in. I see more post like this every day. Nobody is buying it only has been shot a few times!!! At least I'm not.

Sorry just had to vent.....

:p

If the pistol is a Glock I don't consider it broken in until it touched the 1,000 round mark until then it might as well still be factory fresh. What bugs me are the people that get bent out of shape over the finish having to be perfect on Glock's and M&P's. Those are working pistols. They are made to get dirty and get worn. People need to learn to embrace their battle scars and stop fearing them. I kind of like the wear it gives the gun character.

I'm sure it's possible to buy a used handgun with about 50 rounds down the pipe, but come on, they are not ALL like that!!!!

As soon as I buy a hand gun I run couple of hundred through it as soon as possible to get used to it and break it in. I see more post like this every day. Nobody is buying it only has been shot a few times!!! At least I'm not.

Sorry just had to vent.....

:p

and not ALL are posted as such. I've seen many listed as "round count unknown". I've bought a gun, grabbed a box of ammo, went to the range, decided I didn't like it and sold it. 50 rounds. Not everyone buys 200 rds of pistol ammo when they buy a new gun.

Way too many pistol and especially rifle buyers, buy a gun, a box of ammo then go shoot it. It is taken home where it sets and sets. Later is sold because it sets and sets. I really love those deals.

There are some who do put 200-1000 rounds down the tube and an experienced buyer can pick up on that sort of wear. Rarely do I see a gun shot up. It takes literally thousands of rounds to do that for most handguns. Too me if it's had less than a couple hundred rounds it's not trustworthy yet.

As Aimless stated, wear on a gun too me adds character not some idiot scratch but honest to God wear from use and it appeals to me as someone who has trusted his life with it. It's a service weapon that has served it's intended purpose well. I picked up a used Beretta M92 that looked "battle proven", with wear where wear, nicks and scratches should be on a carry weapon but internally shot little. Like an old pair of faded jeans it fit me and I would sell many other weapons in much better condition before I'd part with that old police trade in. That's just me and it's what draws me to the ODT like crack to crack head.

Last edited:
^^^^^This. I actually have 8-9 rifles that have never had a round chambered. I also have several pistols with only 1-2 mags ran through that just sit in the safe. You never really know the history behind a firearm unless you bought it yourself. Just for example, in the 60's or 70's, my father bought my mother a baby browning .25 and a box of ammo for $58. That pistol has not been fired since purchase. Just my .02

I have alot of guns that fit into the 50 rnd or less category. I don't have a lot of time to go shoot. I normally go shooting about twice a year. I have 2 or 3 shooters that are my favorites and the others are in that under 50 rnds or even unfired category

Back
Top Bottom