• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Lil' Gun reloads for .410 3" HS Winchester Hulls?

Charles R

Default rank <1250 posts Supporter
ODT Junkie!
56   0
Reaction score
Good Evening All,
I was able to pick up a pound of Lil'Gun and looking for some load recommendations and confirm if the following load is safe. Lyman 5th Edition Shotgun Reloading Handbook states 11.0 charge? What bushing would that be? My MEC came with three bushing # 10,11,and 12. I read the MEC charts and it appears #10 Bushing is suggested which is dropping between 13-13.2 of the Lil gun powder for each load. On the label of the Lil'Gun powder has Max. Charge 13.5.
I may be splitting hairs and overlooking the obvious but would appreciate any advice/confirmation.

600 MEC Jr.- .410
11/16- Number # 10 bushing???
3" Winchester HS hulls
Claybusters (WAA410HS).410 wads (Red)
209A Federal primers
#8.5 lead shot

Regards,
Charles

The #10 Bushings worked but the Lil Gun is powerful dropping close the max load 13.3 in 3" shells and leaving the barrel a bit dirty. It seemed to cause some issues with my Franchi Aspire safety's selector no working correctly. (Maybe to much compression or stress with shooting multiple rounds?) I had 10 failures shooting 25 rounds. I decided to scale back to #7 bushing dropping 11.7 grain and had zero failures with my selector out of 25 rounds and didn't foul the barrel as much. My conclusion is #7 for Lil Gun with Winchester 3" AA Hulls. I would welcome any feedback from any other .410 shooters and their Lil Gun recipe etc. Regards Charles

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom