• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Linda Rondstadt: The Sound of My Voice

rbstern

Hen of Fame Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
115   0
Reaction score
Great documentary on Youtube about her life and career. I think it's a safe bet that she is one of the top vocalists of the modern music era. Maybe the top one, period.

Before Parkinson's disease took away her abilities, she sang a huge range of music. She had the courage to explore everything she could do with her voice. Risked her career and her record industry relationships to try things no other popular singer would attempt. She had hits in country, folk, pop, rock, traditional Mexican Mariachi in Spanish, big band, jazz, and also starred in an opera on Broadway.

Through all that, she remained genuinely humble and level-headed, despite being immersed in a sea of rock stars and celebrities throughout her life. She was generous to her peers. She hired Don Henley and Glenn Fry as backing musicians, before anyone knew who they were. When Don and Glenn realized they wanted to write songs and form their own band, she enthusiastically supported them, and gave them a huge boost by covering Desperado, when their first album was sputtering. In other words, she helped launch The Eagles to their super-stardom.

Cherishes her family, grateful for the love of music her family instilled in her, and proud of her rural Tuscon roots.

An exceptional person.

How'd she get Don Henly to let her sing that song? He went nuts when Joe Walsh sang it on Howard Stern the second time. The first time was with Sam Kinison. In fact, you can't even find a version of that one online.

joe-walsh-plays-desperado-on-howard-stern-show

She helped them get started. Don Henley and Glen Fry were not established stars, and their album, Desperado, wasn't selling well at the time. She was a rising star and Henley knew how good her voice was. And as the songwriter, he got a royalty for every copy of her album sold.

Good deal for everyone.

Hasten Down The Wind is among the best album covers of all times..
f07e203645979a6c7dd0565f8513b045.jpg

Sent from my BV4900Pro using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom