• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

line type for trout fishing........

nevermind the loomis.....im drooling over that original stradic.....mmmmmmm shimano doesnt make repair kits or anything for that model anymore. so when it goes, it goes :( im down to only 1 now.
Thought I typed this before....anyway...I kinda like the Stradic's too....hope this doesn't take you over the top
DSC09984.JPG

Thought I typed this before....anyway...I kinda like the Stradic's too....hope this doesn't take you over the topView attachment 3748052

boing!!! lol. seriously jealous over here lol. very nice. i dream of the day i see a bunch like this at a garage sale for like 5 bucks each haha.

dont ya love the days when spinning reels came with an extra spool? peperidge farm remembers!

I refuse to get in line to trout fish. Before my best friend went to State Farm and work he made rustic Mountain furniture at Jerry's Mountain furniture on aska road and Blue Ridge. He would smooth up to all the rich people in there buying rustic Mountain Furniture to decorate their cabins with. Eventually he would make good enough friends and ask them if he could fish on their property. So we had permission to fish on their property which was solely given to us. Mainly fighting Town Creek and some other watershed streams and creeks. Fishing Mecca's up there.

well, consider the weight of the fish you expect to catch.....I've not seen many 6lb trout pulled out of the hooch....to the fellow who said he's been using yellow mono for 45 years....not sure it was available then....BUT braid line seems stupid....any mono would probably be fine....I think the most important thing is fresh line....View attachment 3709469this is a 4lb'er pull out just below the dam 25+ years ago...a stocker obliviously...
My best friend I mentioned in a earlier post pulled in a rainbow that size +/- 1lb. out of a narrow and shallow scratch of stream in Fighting Town Creek.

I hate it when we pay DNR to raise, and stock creeks that we are not allowed to fish....just a peeve of mine....guess I could go up there and buy some creek front property, and have the fish to myself....just not that much into it, I guess...always bothered me though...

I hate it when we pay DNR to raise, and stock creeks that we are not allowed to fish....just a peeve of mine....guess I could go up there and buy some creek front property, and have the fish to myself....just not that much into it, I guess...always bothered me though...
Yeah that does kind of suck. We used to enter in on the property we had permission but we used to walk all up and down both ends and we never had any problems from The neighbors as long as you're respectful and not tearing stuff up or littering. Every once in awhile though you can run into one of those stubborn hard-nosed rear ends that will raise hell that you're fishing in front of their house but we never did. In fact that big slab of rainbow my best friend caught was in front of somebody else's property.

Back
Top Bottom