• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Linked Cellular Trail Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.
He wants something where all cameras will go to his phone. I just assumed (I know lol) that linking them magically was a thing. Like I said, I know very little about trail cams. It looks like the Tactacam is what he needs. Thank you for the info
I have a Moultrie XA-6000. I think they have a newer version out now. It uses an app that you can view from your cell phone or you can also pull it up on your desktop or laptop cornputer. No need for cameras to be linked to each other as you can view them all individually from the app or the website. I have had very good luck with mine.

Not really sure what you mean about linked, but here is my experience with cellular cameras. Last year I bought one of the expensive Spypoints, figuring, you get what you pay for. I fought it for two months before it finally worked right. The signal is spotty, and the pictures have a weird green tint to them. And, no, it isn't because of lighting. I then figured since I was into the Spypoints, I would buy a cell-link. They are garbage, terrible signal, and a cheap ribbon cable that breaks and leaks. I took it back for a refund. I was kind of bummed about cell cameras, and then came Tactacam. I got my first one in July of last year, and was so impressed, that I soon bought another one. It gets signal where the Spypoint and a Spartan would not. They are not perfect, but they are only around $100.00. The plans are also affordable. I started a thread about them, and I believe most people that bought them have been pretty pleased. All cameras are on one plan, and fully accessible by an app on your phone, tablet, or computer web portal.
I now have six Reveals in the woods. I am running them year round, with unlimited pictures. Mine are all the original model, as they now have the Reveal X available. You can set it up so that the pictures send to you every 12 or 24 hours, or on a timely basis, which is whenever it takes a picture. There are advantages to both settings. You can also set your phone up with notifications, so you know when there is a new picture. I have mine set to timely, with instant notifications, however, it is silent. Believe me, it can drive you crazy if you don't have it on silent.
Also, I am in no way connected with Tactacam. Just a guy who has been messing with game cameras for a very long time, and have found what I believe to be a solid, no frills cell camera, that works well.

Thank you for the info sir. I just found your thread about the Reveal. I’m going to recommend this to him and let him make the decision.

Thanks for all the input gentlemen. I’ll close this thread soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom