• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Liqui Moly - snake oil or nah?

Hayata

Wolf Icon
Knock it off with them negative waves Moriarity!
177   0
Reaction score
So any input on Liqui Moly oil additives? Seems to have quite the following and, well, ya know, it's made in Germany, so there's that.

What'cha think ODT?

Never used it...I think quality synthetic oil is slick enough.

I've used moly as an engine assembly lube on new builds and used to use GMs EOS to break in new flat tappet cams years ago.

Which one of their products ? I've had better luck with Rislone. I had a chattering valves and a lifter knock, Liquid Moly did nothing for it. The Rislone quieted down and leveled out my oil pressure. I use this product specifically in my vehicles when I change the oil now
Also if your vehicle is older than 2004 you should be using a zinc additive to your engine oil
1652798486851.png

I always used moly grease but as far as in the motor it's a toss up. I haven't read up enough to make an educated decision. I have actually witnessed a idle increase when using PTFE based Slick Fifty on older engines. I don't use it anymore these new oils are pretty darn good.

I just use Mobil one SYNTHETIC oil like the manufacturer recommends. There are too many addictive claims you could acutually fill your engines with. Some off them could help older motors but these new engines run forever if using the right oil and preventative measures are taken. Like changing it ever 3000 to 5000 miles depending on load requirements and weather environments. I have taken LS1 engines with 135,000 miles that have been taken care of and installed a big bump stick and nitrous and they hold as long as the tune is correct and you don't abuse it. That says a lot about today's advancements. Still after that just used Mobile1 all was good.

My shop changed over to Liquid Moly over 2 years ago, has done a fine job on my 5 vehicles so far.

Using just the oil in 3, the M3 and the LR3 are running the diff oil as well. The M3 had a slight drip from the rear diff, has not dripped since the Liquid Moly was used.

My shop changed over to Liquid Moly over 2 years ago, has done a fine job on my 5 vehicles so far.

Using just the oil in 3, the M3 and the LR3 are running the diff oil as well. The M3 had a slight drip from the rear diff, has not dripped since the Liquid Moly was used.
I though you were talking engine oil. Differential oil probably could use it. Are you talking about the skim over the exposed oil if it leaks?

Back
Top Bottom