Literally a NEW M1 GARAND.

Status
Not open for further replies.

10thmountain

Default rank 5000+ posts
American Warhorse.
121   0
Reaction score
I had the pleasure of being BROKE the past month and a half but it may have been worth it. I picked up a 5.8 Million Springfield still in the Grease. I literally took mineral spirits with a Q tip and took grease off all the metal. It was quite a process. The neat thing about this beauty is what grade of M1 this was sold. It a RM1SSA Service Special Grade. Back in 2009 these were collector grade metal with new CMP stocks. They sold for $895. I have the hang tag. I will be ordering the CMP paperwork for posterity. This thing is correct except for a Late War SA stock. All Parts match. It's LIKE NEW. Its the darndest rifle I have ever seen. The barrel is stunning. It shoots EXTREMELY well. I was stacking them up on the CMP electronic target but I ran out of ammo. I was excited to fire this thing and am blown away at the opportunity to own a Garand like this. Here is a pic I posted last weekend but wanted to share the story.

img_0331-jpg.1371037

I put maybe 50 rounds through her for fun last weekend. I had one of the CMP AMC class guys shoot her as well. He looked like a kid on Christmas. I thought he was going to freak out. LOL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom