• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Little kammback

I like it!

I say 4bbl 327 with a Muncie 4 speed with a 70s Chevy color. Keep posting......

View attachment 2339974
my first on was a 74 gt hatch back. had a 327 pushing near 500 to the rear wheels,Saginaw 4 speed and would pull 10's in the 1/4. believe it or dont,the sag 4 speed that came in the vega's would hold up. this one is a 4 speed car,and may get a 5 or 6 in it. but it will stay a stick.
not looking to build a speed king out of it,just something in the low 400 hp that can be driven often.
may do a 256 ish gear to keep the revs down. in a small light car that gear will also translate into a tire shredder. as for color it will be yellow and black in a Baldwin Motion clone. yellow with a black strip that wraps around the back of the car as well as black on the hood. hood will be a l88 style.
kinda like this but just a wagon.. and yellow and black..
vega-motionstyle.jpg

my first on was a 74 gt hatch back. had a 327 pushing near 500 to the rear wheels,Saginaw 4 speed and would pull 10's in the 1/4. believe it or dont,the sag 4 speed that came in the vega's would hold up. this one is a 4 speed car,and may get a 5 or 6 in it. but it will stay a stick.
not looking to build a speed king out of it,just something in the low 400 hp that can be driven often.
may do a 256 ish gear to keep the revs down. in a small light car that gear will also translate into a tire shredder. as for color it will be yellow and black in a Baldwin Motion clone. yellow with a black strip that wraps around the back of the car as well as black on the hood. hood will be a l88 style.
kinda like this but just a wagon.. and yellow and black..View attachment 2340006
I always like this model, kinda thought they looked like a mini camaro.
I vote for a 327 too. I like the 5.3 engine but the carburetor 327 would be a lot easier to retro fit.

If you use a 5 or 6 speed, will you pick a rather low fist gear to balance the 2.56?
not really. the cars are super light. 2000lbs or so sitting in it( compare that to a camero at over 3500 or a 2015 mustang @3400 to 3800). so they move real easy. i am gonna build a pro street ish car and not a drag car. in reality,with the higher gear it will be a tire smoker. once they break loose,they spin up so quick you cant get them to hook. but it sure makes them fun.

Love Vegas!!

In another life, I used to sell Joel Rosen, owner of Motion Performance, auto parts. I should have picked up a V8 Vega kit when I had the chance.

Back
Top Bottom