• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Living in a tent

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can’t sell the house until we both agree (she won’t) but the court is making the other leave the house every other week until things are worked out. She has single friends she shacks up with but I refuse to be a leech or someone’s burden.
Where are the kids through all this?

Can’t sell the house until we both agree (she won’t) but the court is making the other leave the house every other week until things are worked out. She has single friends she shacks up with but I refuse to be a leech or someone’s burden.
That sucks man. Hope it get better for you! I agree with the girl with crabs though!$

I’m now living in tent at a camp/RV site every other week to save money. Tent camping spot was $250 a week, hotel or Airbnb would have been $1K. Working via hotspot from my phone.

What doesn’t kill you makes you stronger. It’s going to be hot this week.

Hope y’all are well.

Hang in there dwalk. You're making progress and getting closer to the end of all this. Hard to believe that this has all been going on for a year now.

Gentleman, don't get legally married. Say your vows in a church before the eyes of God and all your friends and family but DO NOT sign a relationship contract with the state of Georgia.

Where are the kids through all this?

We are nesting. Her argument has been that my mere presence in the house when it is her week makes her a bad parent. Therefore the custody evaluators have to give it credence so we've been ordered to vacate the home when it is not our week. But the court can't make us sell them home until everything is finalized. So, we are forced to nest. We are a year into an I'm pretty much now broke living paycheck to paycheck paying for all of this, so the cheapest thing I could find and still work from home is tent camping.

"Bird's nest custody is an unusual form of shared parenting where the child always lives in the same home, while the two parents take turns living with the child in that home. "

It's a long game.

I haven't bad mouthed her to the community while she has put me on blast. I just keep my mouth shut, focus on the kids and my physical/mental health, and do the best I can at work without getting fired. Almost all "friends" abandoned me for various reasons - to be fair most men don't want to talk about the D and I don't blame them. Plus the sobriety and kid focus is not the most fun/interesting thing to connect over.

But like I said it is a long game. Some mutual family friends are starting to see the light. I coach my oldest daughters travel softball. My Ex is supposed to come to the games and watch the younger two while I run the team. Two weeks ago she missed a large majority of the games to go to concerts - so some of the other moms on the team watched my younger two. Which they happily did as I am damn good coach and their girls love me. They were calling me "super Dad." I only know that she went to concerts because others told me based on her social media (I've blocked her and don't use it anymore).

So I'm hanging out with a couple of Dad's and they go "so it's been a year, she doesn't have a job, refuses to sell the house, is partying with her friends, and misses her kids extra circulars, and you have to give her money whenever she asks - no questions asked? My wife said to me last night, "it's no wonder he stop drinking."

This was the same wife who Moms group listened to my Exs stories of my crazy emotional, mental, financial abuse claims and probably at first believed her. But's is a long game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom