• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Living in a tent

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a long game.

I haven't bad mouthed her to the community while she has put me on blast. I just keep my mouth shut, focus on the kids and my physical/mental health, and do the best I can at work without getting fired. Almost all "friends" abandoned me for various reasons - to be fair most men don't want to talk about the D and I don't blame them. Plus the sobriety and kid focus is not the most fun/interesting thing to connect over.

But like I said it is a long game. Some mutual family friends are starting to see the light. I coach my oldest daughters travel softball. My Ex is supposed to come to the games and watch the younger two while I run the team. Two weeks ago she missed a large majority of the games to go to concerts - so some of the other moms on the team watched my younger two. Which they happily did as I a damn good coach and their girls love me. They were calling me "super Dad." I only know that she went to concerts because others told me based on from her social media (I've blocked her and don't use it anymore).

So I'm hanging out with a couple of Dad's and they go "so it's been a year, she doesn't have a job, refuses to sell the house, is partying with her friends, and misses her kids extra circulars? My wife said to me last night, "it's no wonder he stop drinking."

This was the same wife who Moms group listened to my Exs stories of my crazy emotional, mental, financial abuse claims and probably at first believed her. But's is a long game
Praying for you man. Awful. You are doing the right thing and walking the path of the righteous. I hope the judge sees that.

It's a long game.

I haven't bad mouthed her to the community while she has put me on blast. I just keep my mouth shut, focus on the kids and my physical/mental health, and do the best I can at work without getting fired. Almost all "friends" abandoned me for various reasons - to be fair most men don't want to talk about the D and I don't blame them. Plus the sobriety and kid focus is not the most fun/interesting thing to connect over.

But like I said it is a long game. Some mutual family friends are starting to see the light. I coach my oldest daughters travel softball. My Ex is supposed to come to the games and watch the younger two while I run the team. Two weeks ago she missed a large majority of the games to go to concerts - so some of the other moms on the team watched my younger two. Which they happily did as I am damn good coach and their girls love me. They were calling me "super Dad." I only know that she went to concerts because others told me based on her social media (I've blocked her and don't use it anymore).

So I'm hanging out with a couple of Dad's and they go "so it's been a year, she doesn't have a job, refuses to sell the house, is partying with her friends, and misses her kids extra circulars, and you have to give her money whenever she asks - no questions asked? My wife said to me last night, "it's no wonder he stop drinking."

This was the same wife who Moms group listened to my Exs stories of my crazy emotional, mental, financial abuse claims and probably at first believed her. But's is a long game

I went through hell, I hope your hell is kinder to you than mine was to me. I'll keep you, the kid's and even your crazy wife in my prayers. Stay focused on what is good in your life and try not to become bitter and hateful.

I went through hell, I hope your hell is kinder to you than mine was to me. I'll keep you, the kid's and even your crazy wife in my prayers. Stay focused on what is good in your life and try not to become bitter and hateful.
Thank you brother.

I’ve finally reached a level of indifference, which I think is key. Hate and bitterness only keeps me trapped under her power. I just don’t care enough to care anymore. She can do whatever she wants, go and live her best life. I have no expectations of her either way. The only thing that still gets me is her negative influence on the kids … that has been the hardest to let go.

I’m trying to only focus on what I can control and how I react to things I can’t.

Thank you brother.

I’ve finally reached a level of indifference, which I think is key. Hate and bitterness only keeps me trapped under her power. I just don’t care enough to care anymore. She can do whatever she wants, go and live her best life. I have no expectations of her either way. The only thing that still gets me is her negative influence on the kids … that has been the hardest to let go.

I’m trying to only focus on what I can control and how I react to things I can’t.

If you can stick with that it will be so much better off. Took me 4 or 5 years to get to that point. Once you can let it go then it stops gnawing at your soul 24x7. The kids will figure it out on their own eventually. it's rough but worth it in the end.

My wife did about 3 or 4 weeks in a tent at the Jekyll Island campground when she first went to work at the port. It was this same time of year and pretty rough as far as heat and mosquitos.

Gentleman, don't get legally married. Say your vows in a church before the eyes of God and all your friends and family but DO NOT sign a relationship contract with the state of Georgia.
Yup, been saying this for years now. I don't know why our society is hel bent on the government having their fingers in marriage but it should have no place whatsoever.

And get paid while you shack up for free! Genius
I've told this to friends before when times were rough. Do you why huge battle ships stay afloat? They displace more weight in water than they weigh. Moral is you have to be bigger than whatever is pulling you down. Good luck brother.

Deja Vu for me.

Same situation, almost two years to get divorced.

Stay on the high road as you are. Time is indeed your friend, as it allows her vileness to be displayed for everyone to see. Sure worked in my case.

Divorce is almost 7 years in my rear view mirror. Remarried to a lovely lady, kids have come full circle to see/know what the ex did and continues to do to make life miserable.

Great spot to be in!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom