• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Lizard Bedding??

Anyone tried it for cleaning brass?

Yay or Nay?

Specific brands, if worthwhile?

I've used the walnut lizard bedding, but there are other alternatives these days. The walnut lizard bedding works pretty well for simply cleaning cases. However, corn cob is better for polishing. I don't advise the corn cob lizard bedding, because it's made from the whole ground cob. It's preferable to use only the woody part of the cob, as in blasting media. I prefer corn cob 20/40 blasting media. The 20/40 is less apt to clog primer pockets. You can get a 40# bag of #30 at Grainger for about $34.

How much does that lizard bedding cost per lb? When I looked it up it was sold by quart, and I had no way of comparing it to other walnut media elsewhere. Also, I am assuming it doesn't dust? The stuff I got on clearance at HF dust severly.

Thanks,

Rosewood

How much does that lizard bedding cost per lb? When I looked it up it was sold by quart, and I had no way of comparing it to other walnut media elsewhere. Also, I am assuming it doesn't dust? The stuff I got on clearance at HF dust severly.

Thanks,

Rosewood
looks like a 5qt bag weighs 7.5 pounds. it does not dust. I've had the same stuff in my tumbler for over 2 years and I tumble a good bit of brass

When I bought some it was in a bag, probably 10lbs I'm guessing. I've been using the same bag for over a year and still have some left. Like jom2953 said, it doesn't dust up and works really well.I can't remember what I paid for it but I know it wasn't much or I wouldn't have bought it.....cause I'm cheap

Back
Top Bottom