• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

"l'll Take It"

I always ask everyone after they PM me too post on my sales as I will take it, hoping that will make them stick too it
MANY TIMES SOMEONE WILL SAY I'LL TAKE IT ,THEN PM YOU WITH THEIR VERSION OF THE SELL OR TRADE,THEN IT'S BACK AND FORT FROM THERE AND IN THE MEANTIME YOU MISS A SAIL FROM SOMEONE THAT REALLY WANTS IT. THHE IN THE END YOU CAN'T AGREE AND RELIST YOUR ITEM.LOL

I have had folks say, I want this , I will take it (in PM) then start trying to negotiate.

Negotiation or attempts is fine and doesnt offend me if done prior.

I always figured it was a courtesy to other interested folks, that you had started the negotiation of time at the area specified by the postee and at the asking price. Kind of a first come, first served thing.

I have also told someone I'll take it and then backed out after the call due to the gun being cerakoted but not listed as such. Usually if I have questions or think the seller just dropped the crackpot when he put on asking price, a simple "pm sent" is used to notify him that at least 1 pm in his mailbox is an interested party, even though the rest may be hate mail.

"I'll take it" doesn't mean anything to me, when posted in the ad.

If someone wants what I'm selling, I would strongly suggest that you send a PM. I'll post SPM, if we come to an agreement.

I'll delete a "I'll take it" post from my thread while they check with their wife.

Got that statement all wrong, "gentlemen" keep their word. The correct statement would be "I had a a**hat tell me today "I'll take it" but then he changed his mind. Is that ok to do??"

That's along the same lines as the guy that says "I'll take it" and then after agreeing to a sale location is a "no-show".

I'll take it means absolutely nothing here on the trader. But... other forums it's often used in reference to someone stating they will purchase the merchandise you have for sale at asking price.

While I'm thinking of it I'll go head and mention that this place has the biggest bunch of low ballers I've ever ran across. Especially here in the later years.

Back
Top Bottom