• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

"l'll Take It"

IMG_20170610_095005.jpg

I'll take posted in the listing means you accept price and terms as stated in the listing, no negotiation.

Otherwise just post "PM sent" with your criteria to complete the transaction. All negotiations/agreements are dependent on inspection and acceptance of the item in question.

Just my opinion and how I roll.

Okay I just got here in 2013 so I'm not OG/ ODT from way back. But this whole time I've been here (to the best of my understanding) " I'll take it " means that you are claiming it and agreeing to the posted sale price. It doesn't mean you get to negotiate on price afterwards. It doesn't mean you get to bitch about condition and expect a discount afterwards. If you want to do that then you don't jump out there with the old " I'll take it" right off the bat. You start out with the old " PM Sent" That's the time and place for asking for more details and pics and negotiating price. " I'll take it" is a commitment you make when you see something you want.
I know this is a boring lecture. It's boring because all us grown ups already know this. Out of ever how many deals I've done here I've only had one person completely disappear on me and stand me up about 30 miles from here n Ludowici. So overall that's pretty damn good.
First deal I did on here was for a stripped PSA lower for $80.00 which was a decent price at the time. I believe my response was " Mine! Mine! I'll take it. PM Sent. The rest of y'all move along. Nothing to see here." Then I realized the seller was in McDonough. " Oh well...Looks like I'm driving to Henry County" And I did just that. Back then I was only about 60 miles from there.
Long story short " I'll take it" means you looked, you liked what you saw and you made a decision. After that you must stick by your decision and follow through.

Okay I just got here in 2013 so I'm not OG/ ODT from way back. But this whole time I've been here (to the best of my understanding) " I'll take it " means that you are claiming it and agreeing to the posted sale price. It doesn't mean you get to negotiate on price afterwards. It doesn't mean you get to ***** about condition and expect a discount afterwards. If you want to do that then you don't jump out there with the old " I'll take it" right off the bat. You start out with the old " PM Sent" That's the time and place for asking for more details and pics and negotiating price. " I'll take it" is a commitment you make when you see something you want.
I know this is a boring lecture. It's boring because all us grown ups already know this. Out of ever how many deals I've done here I've only had one person completely disappear on me and stand me up about 30 miles from here n Ludowici. So overall that's pretty damn good.
First deal I did on here was for a stripped PSA lower for $80.00 which was a decent price at the time. I believe my response was " Mine! Mine! I'll take it. PM Sent. The rest of y'all move along. Nothing to see here." Then I realized the seller was in McDonough. " Oh well...Looks like I'm driving to Henry County" And I did just that. Back then I was only about 60 miles from there.
Long story short " I'll take it" means you looked, you liked what you saw and you made a decision. After that you must stick by your decision and follow through.
Hence the saying, your only as good as your word...You opened your pie hole with out reading all of the post. But you Sir, are a man of your word..Much respect for someone with that quality! Congrats

Back
Top Bottom