• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Load data on .223

safe in my rifles...
23.2gr 8208xbr under a 77gr pill gave ~2600 out of a 16" barrel. primers were not flat or cratered...that is a max book load for .223, you CAN go hotter in a 5.56 or Wylde chamber...work up slowly, i chose to stay at that charge for brass life.

I have also used the old 8208 milsurp pulldown @23.2 grains pushing ~2700fps from a 16" tube. this load is very hard on brass, very close to black hills mk262. the dude i bought the 8208 pulldown from said use h322 data to start. my batch of the pull down was slower than h322 so i ended up using a little more powder than i would with h322.

ive also shot a lot of 55-62gr pills with h335@26gr. again work up in your rifle.

as far as loading for accuracy...uniform pockets and flash holes. and get a chronograph. you need to know how fast you are going. actual velocity will save you massive headache. ive had loads that showed no signs of pressure and would have gone higher...but my chrony told me not to push something hotter that was already faster than the listed book load. 8208xbr can creep up on you pressure wise.

you are confused...no where did i say i was using H322 data for 8208xbr.
What does this line mean?
"the dude i bought the 8208 pulldown from said use h322 data to start. my batch of the pull down was slower than h322 so i ended up using a little more powder than i would with h322."

Or is 8208 not 8208xbr? 2 different animals you are talking about?

Putting those 2 in the same conservation made me think you was being lazy and not typing out 8208xbr. Was not obvious that it was something different. Thanks for the clarification.

Rosewood

Load Data:
Barrel: 10.5in 1:8 twist
Bullet: 55gr FMJ
Powder BLC2 (23.5gr)
Primer: CCI400
FPS: 2089

You can make it hotter, but these are just plinking rounds.

It sounds as if you might be using range pick-ups. If so, I'd seriously recommend that you size them with a small base, full length sizer die. This will pretty much eliminate the chance of any failure to chamber. Just my two bits.

Back
Top Bottom