• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Load data on 270

I've always had good luck with Oconnor's favorite which I think was 62.0 g of H-4831. Great accuracy and about 3,200 FPS if I remember right with a 130 g Nosler ballistic tip boat-tail. I'll have to check my load notes when I get home to confirm I'm remembering correctly.

I've always had good luck with Oconnor's favorite which I think was 62.0 g of H-4831. Great accuracy and about 3,200 FPS if I remember right with a 130 g Nosler ballistic tip boat-tail. I'll have to check my load notes when I get home to confirm I'm remembering correctly.
getting away from the BT.Think I like a Sierra Pro Hunter or the Hornady in 130.Waiting to hopefully hear from someone who knows a lot more than me on the 270.Thanks

For 130gr. bullet (Speer cup and core, not BT) I used 54gr. IMR 4350 with CCI LR primer. It is in my book, but I don't have my reloading journal in front of me right now. They shot well and were accurate. They are coming in at around 3000fps.

max load from Hodgdon for H4831 and a 130 is 60 gr. so approach 62 with extreme caution.. A lot of the older loads were over the data seen today and no it's not the lawyers. it's simply better methods of determining actual pressure.. 62 "might" work in your rifle but......

55.5 is max for H4350

one thing we all should have learned by now is the "common" pressure signs we have used for years are Not always an indication of high or excessive pressure.. the best indicator we have today is actually a chronograph.. use max velocity as your max indicator.

and we all are assuming you are referring to the 270 Win cartridge.

the actual bullet used matters also

Back
Top Bottom