• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Loadout Questions

I been in 5 different combat theaters, wounded twice and never worn body armor plates. I have gladly given up those plates for weigh reduction. It allowed me to carry more ammo. We didn’t wear helmets either, we wore boonies. A lot of what Bypass Bypass has said is true. Learn to fight smarter, know your egress points, shoot and move.
JMTC.......good luck
Holy crap! Which 5 theaters if you don’t mind me asking?

Nope, a real Veteran that’s been in 3 theaters, and a PH recipient (Iraq). What about you?

I hope I answered all of your questions. The only thing I didn’t appreciate was your insinuation that i wasn’t a real veteran. I’ve been on the ODT for a couple of day and every once and a while somebody like you comes along. I would never question your military record.

I hope I answered all of your questions. The only thing I didn’t appreciate was your insinuation that i wasn’t a real veteran. I’ve been on the ODT for a couple of day and every once and a while somebody like you comes along. I would never question your military record.
If you take offense so easy, maybe you shouldn’t have replied with “let me guess, Army Liberal?” You were the only one to make an insinuation, I simply replied. If you share info about a personal experience on a public forum, I assume you’re comfortable with talking about it, that’s why I asked. I was just looking for an explanation, out of curiosity, not questioning a record.

Nope, a real Veteran that’s been in 3 theaters, and a PH recipient (Iraq). What about you?
Some colonel came into my room in Landstuhl Germany and said I just missed the guy handing out purple hearts. I was like that's fine colonel I didn't want one anyways since I zigged when I shoulda zagged. He laughed and I laughed and then the morphine kicked in and I just didn't care LOL.

If you take offense so easy, maybe you shouldn’t have replied with “let me guess, Army Liberal?” You were the only one to make an insinuation, I simply replied. If you share info about a personal experience on a public forum, I assume you’re comfortable with talking about it, that’s why I asked. I was just looking for an explanation, out of curiosity, not questioning a record.
Ya'll stop it. I love you both and thank you both for your service.

Back
Top Bottom