• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Local Napa...the last hold out

There is a simple picture guide to trans filter kits, but they could not take the time to check that...... last week he worked at Mickey Ds

The real kicker, I went off the deep end when manure for brains kept insisting he had given me the correct filter because "that's what the computer says" when I'm standing in front of him with the filter came out of the transmission, and it was like one was round, nd the other square -- just no way.

Here in Carroll Co. we still have NAPA and Auto Parts Co. I do business with the latter. Real parts people.

My father in law manages the Auto Parts Company in Cartersville, and has for the last 30-40 years. He knows his stuff and all of the old timers do business with him because they know this.

I put a lot of parts on other folks cars, and I deal almost exclusively with Auto Zone.
I just don’t have the problems everyone describes, their computer system will look up almost anything, and cross reference the rest. Customer service depends on the employee, and if I get a new guy that’s ignorant, I just speak to a manager (gray shirts)
Then again I don’t go the cheaper parts route at any store. And then again I go in knowing what I’m looking for and what will work with what.
Got a Carquest (Advanced) with a couple of the older workers that I like to deal with, but with my hours it’s just easier to deal with the zone.

The napa on Smyrna remodeled the store and then changed the entire staff to a bunch of chicks that didn’t know a damn thing about cars or parts

And less than a year later they are out of business

The orielys in Smyrna has female manager that knows a lot about cars and a couple clerks that know about cars and most of their customers speak English

Last time I was at orielys the chick manager was in the parking lot helping install a fuel pump on an old suburban

Advance and vatozone have 100% non English speaking customers

There used to be a place called Victory Auto Parts here in Columbus. I walked in there one day carrying the leaky water pump off my Trans Am. Before I could open my mouth, the guy behind the counter says, "Pontiac 455, eh; you're in luck, I think I got one left." That was in the days when auto parts guys had to know more about cars than computers.

There used to be a place called Victory Auto Parts here in Columbus. I walked in there one day carrying the leaky water pump off my Trans Am. Before I could open my mouth, the guy behind the counter says, "Pontiac 455, eh; you're in luck, I think I got one left." That was in the days when auto parts guys had to know more about cars than computers.

They were awesome

Are they not still in business ?

One of my coworkers was the chick that was in their TV commercials

That stood behind the counter of the “other” auto parts stores and kept repeating
“We don’t have it but we can get it “

Then the announcers booming voice said
“VICTORYS GOT IT “ !

They were awesome

Are they not still in business ?

One of my coworkers was the chick that was in their TV commercials

That stood behind the counter of the “other” auto parts stores and kept repeating

Then the announcers booming voice said
“VICTORYS GOT IT “ !
I remember those commercials from the early 80's. I would see them on television when I stayed with my grandparents. I'm pretty sure it's no longer open.

I remember those commercials from the early 80's. I would see them on television when I stayed with my grandparents. I'm pretty sure it's no longer open.

The original store that was down from the old traffic circle is gone. There is a parts store across the river in Phenix City that calls themselves Victory Auto; but I don't believe there is any connection to the original store.

Back
Top Bottom