• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Local ponds/small lakes

TheChiT

Default rank <2500 posts Supporter
ODT Junkie!
76   0
Reaction score
I fish out of a kayak and Im always hunting little bodies of water on google earth to go and try. Anyone know of any such places around the Atlanta area. I work up in Roswell and i dont mind driving.

These two lakes in Floyd co. Are very nice and only electric motors allowed!

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...5LtrrjLRdM-Ih16pQ&sig2=-Bz3e_JsemTDHkCECn3c1w

I have been wanting to get up there! Just haven't had the chance!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I highly recommend going there. Go ahead and buy the annual pass because you will want to go back.....often!
I've caught some big bass in Heath Lake. The entire bank opposite of the boat ramp is standing timber and is a great place to kayak fish. I used a 10" motor oil colored worm and a Zoom Brush Hog, Texas rigged, with much success. Antioch lake has some big bass in it too, so don't forget to go there when Heath Lake is closed. Crappie in the Spring is awesome in either lake as well.

I highly recommend going there. Go ahead and buy the annual pass because you will want to go back.....often!
I've caught some big bass in Heath Lake. The entire bank opposite of the boat ramp is standing timber and is a great place to kayak fish. I used a 10" motor oil colored worm and a Zoom Brush Hog, Texas rigged, with much success. Antioch lake has some big bass in it too, so don't forget to go there when Heath Lake is closed. Crappie in the Spring is awesome in either lake as well.

You are the man!!! I will def get up there and try it out!! Thanks for the info.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom