• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Local Stout?

JHV2

Default rank <2500 posts
ODT Junkie!
53   0
Reaction score
I am, at heart a whiskey drinker. I don't drink much beer; and when 95% of the time it is Guinness. As you can guess I don't care to experiment much, however I would not mint branching out with local options, but I need flavor. Does anyone have recomendations for local Stouts, or Brown Ales?

(You can keep your Pale Ales and and lagers to yourselves. :D)

If you like Guinness this will be a treat.

IMG_1488.JPG

For me, I love Jailhouse Brewing Breakout Stout. They are about 10 minutes from my house and really like the flavor and body of this beer. Better hurry and try to find it, it is seasonal and almost out of stock.

If you want to branch out, checkout Founders Breakfast Stout, Terrapin Wake-n-bake stout or my favorite import, Lion Stout from Sri Lanka.

One time a guy told me, "give me Guinness or give me death!"...I always thought Guinness was the alcohol equivalent of death.

Sweetwater brewery makes some decent stuff. They're located downtown on Armour drive.

Sweetwater Georgia Brown is my go-to if I'm drinking more than a couple of beers and The Big Shanty Stout by the Burnt Hickory in Kennesaw if you looking for a more premium buzz.

Not local, but I always thought Kentucky breakfast stout was a great one. They also have some aged in whiskey or bourbon barrels which you might like.

Plus, its okay to drink for breakfast, I mean, its right in the name.

Thanks mates.

I have tried the Sweetwater Georgia Brown and thought it a little 'plain'.
The two breakfast stouts look promising as does the Breakout.
However I've got to go with the Declaration first. -- Any thing that quotes The Clash has got to be on the short list. :triumphant:

Old thread but check out Burnt Hickory's Big Shanty Graham Cracker Stour. Great beer with tons of booze.

Should be able to get it in bottles at most good package stores.

You should also try Weyerbacher's Sunday Morning Stout. 12.7% this year.

Back
Top Bottom