• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Location designations

kodearing

Default rank <15 posts
Outdoorsman
7   0
Reaction score
There really needs to be some way to standardize how members post where their location. People are posting North East when they are in Cumming. Cumming is north east of Atlanta but certainly is NOT north east Ga. A large percentage of posts are all using their location in relation to Atlanta and not their location in the state. Living near Augusta, I will see a post that says East Ga. so I will be interested and it winds up being in Conyers.
Maybe when people sign up for an account there could be a map divided in quadrants that you have to click on to determine your location.
I really enjoy the sight and have bought several items from it but it is quite irritating that some think Atlanta is the entire state.

There really needs to be some way to standardize how members post where their location. People are posting North East when they are in Cumming. Cumming is north east of Atlanta but certainly is NOT north east Ga. A large percentage of posts are all using their location in relation to Atlanta and not their location in the state. Living near Augusta, I will see a post that says East Ga. so I will be interested and it winds up being in Conyers.
Maybe when people sign up for an account there could be a map divided in quadrants that you have to click on to determine your location.
I really enjoy the sight and have bought several items from it but it is quite irritating that some think Atlanta is the entire state.

Try using the distance from you search. Click on the classified section you want and tell it how far you are willing to go. It pulls based on zip code not general location. :thumb:

So.....which of the current districts would you put Cumming or Dawson?
Map_of_Georgia_highlighting_Forsyth_County.svg.png

Give me a break.

Then the metro Atlanta jokers will chime in. Im 60 miles from metro Atlanta. I haven't been to metro Atlanta in years.

Also some people fail to realize that my commute takes me from "metro Atlanta" to Helen, Cleveland , hiawasse, athens, toccoa, etc.

A simple north for the north central section would help. That is not a choice. North east it is!

Now if I traveled to Rome, cartesville, white, Dallas, it would be NE.

Lol, I've never been able to figure out where Cumming is, given the options.
I try something different every time. :becky:

I've even asked what others think, but they can't reach a consensus.
I think lately I've been choosing Metro Atl....

So I'll ask again! Given the options where is Forsyth county?

Metro Atlanta
NW GA
NE GA
W GA
Central GA
E GA
SW GA
SE GA

Back
Top Bottom