• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Lock picking skills for survival? Yup

Survivor Johnny

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
103   0
Reaction score
@IMaDad got me thinking about this a couple of years ago so I've been practicing. I picked this Master Lock in under 10 seconds but they don't always go this smoothly. I got kinda lucky on camera I guess

I apologize to you all for being MIA but as some of you know I am going thru a divorce now and it ain't pretty

@IMaDad got me thinking about this a couple of years ago so I've been practicing. I picked this Master Lock in under 10 seconds but they don't always go this smoothly. I got kinda lucky on camera I guess
I apologize to you all for being MIA but as some of you know I am going thru a divorce now and it ain't pretty

Been missin you buddy! :thumb:
Bummer on the divorce but WE call you SURVIVOR for a reason!
Excellent! But I'm still going to carry my keys. :)
You can pick your friends MasterLock but you can't pick your friends nose... :doh:

Lock picking is about 20% skill and 80% luck. If you do it enough you'll run into locks that just won't pick no matter which tool you use.

And then some locks just seem to fall open when they see the pick.
I see you have some experience with this

Been missin you buddy! :thumb:
Bummer on the divorce but WE call you SURVIVOR for a reason!
Excellent! But I'm still going to carry my keys. :)
You can pick your friends MasterLock but you can't pick your friends nose... :doh:
Um... lol

That's interesting. Kinda reminds me of old Magnum PI episodes. My wife has watched too many Walking Dead episodes and told me I need to know how to hot wire vehicles. I told her it wasn't all that simple since all cars are different. From all the Cops episodes I've watched it seems to me that a shaved down key or busting the lock cylinder is the easiest way to go.

I sat down to try my door and deadbolt the day I got my picks about a year ago after watching the first 2 minutes of the first YouTube video that pulled up.

Took 15 seconds each, I replaced them a couple days later.

Back
Top Bottom