• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Loctite

78Bronco

Default rank <4500 posts Lifetime Supporter
ODT Junkie!
116   0
Reaction score
My neighbor dropped off his Rem 700 for me to adjust the trigger for him. When he dropped it off he informed me that the last person who worked on it for him put Loctite on the bolts that hold the action in the stock. Looks like he has almost stripped them out trying to loosen them himself. Figured I’d check to see if anyone had some tricks up their sleeve on how to undo this mess before I break his gun trying! Thanks!

A small soldiering iron works as well. Simply place the tip in head of stuck fastener and give it enough time to soften the loctite. Patients is a must when going this route.

I guess it's worth mentioning that you have the correct size (assuming alien head).

A small soldiering iron works as well. Simply place the tip in head of stuck fastener and give it enough time to soften the loctite. Patients is a must when going this route.

I guess it's worth mentioning that you have the correct size (assuming alien head).

Yeah, I tried the soldering iron deal last night. Thinking I didn’t give it enough time cause I didn’t have luck with it.

Yep, got the correct size Allen wrench.

Acetone will break it loose. No heat required. Melts it. Use nail polish remover if you don't have any acetone.

My neighbor dropped off his Rem 700 for me to adjust the trigger for him. When he dropped it off he informed me that the last person who worked on it for him put Loctite on the bolts that hold the action in the stock. Looks like he has almost stripped them out trying to loosen them himself. Figured I’d check to see if anyone had some tricks up their sleeve on how to undo this mess before I break his gun trying! Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom