• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Loctite

all else fails drill enough nor an easy out into it, get it hot, hot, hot, hold till heat transfers,twist it into the drilled area and keep heat on it before twisting it out.

If you have a good quality, proper fitting bit for the screw, a 1/4" impact driver will often break it loose where just torque alone won't do it.

But, if you snap the bit off in the screw head, you have a bigger problem.

Why would anyone use red loctite on the stock screws? Genuinely curious.

I have never used any type of thread locker on stock screws. Not sure why the last person he let work on this gun did! To be honest, I cannot tell anything that is extra special on this gun that someone else could have done. My guess is the guy took the gun apart to clean it and when he put it back together thought that it would be a good idea.

Thanks, I’ll be giving that little trick a try tonight!!
Post up your results went done so everyone knows. I cannot believe this isn't common knowledge.

The base of LocTite is cyano-acrylate glue, otherwise known as Super Glue or CA Glue. The difference between Red, Blue, and Purple LocTite is the amount of CA Glue they use in the resin putty base.

Acetone completely melts Super Glue.

Post up your results went done so everyone knows. I cannot believe this isn't common knowledge.

The base of LocTite is cyano-acrylate glue, otherwise known as Super Glue or CA Glue. The difference between Red, Blue, and Purple LocTite is the amount of CA Glue they use in the resin putty base.

Acetone completely melts Super Glue.

That's good info to know!! Thanks for the insight. I will let everyone know how it goes. Will be glad to get this one behind me, especially if I can do it w/o destroying his gun!

Just take a soldering iron and heat the inside of the hex or slot using a pointed tip.. Look for a wiff of white smoke. Then remove the bolt. Works on Blue and red.

Back
Top Bottom