• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

LOL @ GCA writer Tom Taylor admitting to private purchase across State lines.

palmettomoon

Army Icon Super Lifetime Supporter 1
NRA Life Member Wayne LaPierre & Chris Cox Hater
226   0
Reaction score
In the GCA magazine I received today. He admits to driving to a show in Georgia (he lives in Alabama) and buying a Winchester Garand from a private individual (floor walking neckbeard) and taking the rifle back to Alabama. LOL! Fudds.

What's the problem? You can't buy handguns across state lines, but the last time I checked buying a rifle across state lines was legal, as long as the laws in both states are followed.

If it was at a show, would it not have been through an FFL?
The author made no mention of a transfer to an Alabama dealer so I don't think he did. He says he bought it from an individual 'walker'. You cannot legally buy AND take possession of a firearm, pistol, long gun, etc. across state lines unless it is transferred through a Federally licensed dealer. You can cross state lines and buy a long gun from an FFL holder in that state, but not an individual. At least legally you cannot.

Clarification: long gun. Pistols have to be shipped or transfered to an FFL holder in your state of residence. Or, at the show and you pick it up later.

The author made no mention of a transfer to an Alabama dealer so I don't think he did. He says he bought it from an individual 'walker'. You cannot legally buy AND take possession of a firearm, pistol, long gun, etc. across state lines unless it is transferred through a Federally licensed dealer. You can cross state lines and buy a long gun from an FFL holder in that state, but not an individual. At least legally you cannot.

From an individual, I'm aware of! I missed that in the OP.

Back
Top Bottom