• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

LOL @ GCA writer Tom Taylor admitting to private purchase across State lines.

In the GCA magazine I received today. He admits to driving to a show in Georgia (he lives in Alabama) and buying a Winchester Garand from a private individual (floor walking neckbeard) and taking the rifle back to Alabama. LOL! Fudds.
Probably not, but was the seller an Alabama resident?

Probably not, but was the seller an Alabama resident?
But, is it legal for a private seller to bring a long gun across state lines and sell to a private buyer?
If the buyer and seller are from the same state but deal happens (with physical transfer) in another state, is that legal or doubly-illegal?

But, is it legal for a private seller to bring a long gun across state lines and sell to a private buyer?
If the buyer and seller are from the same state but deal happens (with physical transfer) in another state, is that legal or doubly-illegal?
Probably double-naught illegal. (not really, hell I don't know)

I think you could make the argument that it would be legal even if the transfer or sale took place across state lines provided both are residents of the same state. I haven't read the section of code in years.

I was researching this recently. My understanding is that for handguns, a FFL in your state must do the transaction. If purchasing a long gun from someone out of state, you can purchase it from an FFL from either state.

If you was in another state and wanted to buy either a long gun or handgun from a "walker", you could pay a FFL dealer at the gun show or gun store to do the transfer from the other person to yourself.

Anyone know any different?

Rosewood

Back
Top Bottom