• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Long Guns in Lockers for LEO Use at Schools

GAgunLAWbooklet

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
63   0
Reaction score
Article in local newspaper about a proposal to put gun lockers or gun safes in public schools ---but not for use by teachers or other staff members!

These would only be for school resource officers and other sworn law enforcement personnel who need to respond to an active shooter, but who show up only armed with a 9 mm pistol or whatever their standard duty sidearm is.
7DD662E0-0237-4010-9CE3-31929756DC9F.jpeg

A while back I suggested something vaguely similar to this. My thoughts were to arm say the principal in their office and possibly whatever head coach in their office. Simple setup of 2 or 3 long guns. Like say an 870 or Mossberg 500 and a Mini 30 or my personal pick an M1 Carbine. All easy to quickly learn and efficiently operate. Might go so far as to include a second pump gun with blaze orange furniture for a less than lethal option. And in my original thoughts on this I imagined the offices and weapons would be on opposite ends of the school building.

I hate to say it but we need Combat Vets in each school, sad to say, to handle an active shooter..Ones that have the balls not to hesitate until Mommy say's it ok to do something...,I am past fed up with the lack of handling a situation with kit gloves..I'll leave it at that.......

^^^ this. There should be armed members of the schools staff
There absolutely should. And my original thoughts comments way back when were based on faculty members and or staff members I just assumed would be comfortable taking on such a responsibility. Lots of knowitall types don't want teachers armed in the classroom. AND...LOTS of teachers are hard left educated idiots who would just flat refuse the option. Although I would bet that even some of those hard left libtards would be willing to strap on a Tazer which COULD save lives given the individual situation.
Also, just like how I mentioned the firearms being placed strategically at opposite ends of the buildings I also believe that each and EVERY school building should have at least TWO ARMED resource officers or even private security guards with vehicles or golf carts covering the property in clockwise and counter clockwise loops at all times as long as the doors are open. There is SO much that could be done that costs SO little and would be effective in most cases.

I hate to say it but we need Combat Vets in each school, sad to say, to handle an active shooter..Ones that have the balls not to hesitate until Mommy say's it ok to do something...,I am past fed up with the lack of handling a situation with kit gloves..I'll leave it at that.......
Yeah I would NOT wanna be the poor old bastard the media and school system nailed to the cross after doing what they were asked to do.

Article in local newspaper about a proposal to put gun lockers or gun safes in public schools ---but not for use by teachers or other staff members!

These would only be for school resource officers and other sworn law enforcement personnel who need to respond to an active shooter, but who show up only armed with a 9 mm pistol or whatever their standard duty sidearm is.View attachment 4545280
On a side note I noticed you posted a pic of an actual newspaper. I assume it was delivered to your home. I briefly considered getting the 3 day weekend edition of the Macon Telegraph last year since you know, its nice to have a Sunday paper to read with black coffee. Well then I saw the price. I don't recall how much it was but it was a LOT just to be pissed off by libtard reporters.
So last week while making a beer run at a local store I saw a newspaper stand with a printed sign taped to it which stated that the daily Monday through Friday cost of the Macon Telegraph is now $3.00. THREE ****ING DOLLARS ! And for what? Yeah they have an online site . But I think you can read 2 or 3 articles per month before they throw up a paywall. So to ME it seems like the fewer subscribers they have the more they ask of them. I guess their ad revenue is in the toilet.

Back
Top Bottom