• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Long Guns in Lockers for LEO Use at Schools

I'd say that while giving cops access to a gun safe where they can find a loaded AR-15 waiting for them IS A GOOD IDEA,

....what would be more practical is changing their duty handgun to something with a longer barrel and a small optical sight on it so that they could take head shots or pelvic region shots on an armored bad guy from 50+ yards.

That way, they'll always have a gun capable of taking down a mass shooter with them --not on the other side of a locked safe door, in some other room, maybe even on some other part of the campus.

View attachment 4548629
Or they could you know....close the distance...but I guess we see how that went recently didn't' we.

Wouldn't the officers actually have to go inside the school during an active shooter situation in order to access said lockers? Recent events say that might be a problem. Maybe if we put the lockers outside officers could arm themselves while they wait for the situation to resolve itself then go in and "save the day".

Wouldn't the officers actually have to go inside the school during an active shooter situation in order to access said lockers? Recent events say that might be a problem. Maybe if we put the lockers outside officers could arm themselves while they wait for the situation to resolve itself then go in and "save the day".
Yep, make ‘em even easier to steal.

I hate to say it but we need Combat Vets in each school, sad to say, to handle an active shooter..Ones that have the balls not to hesitate until Mommy say's it ok to do something...,I am past fed up with the lack of handling a situation with kit gloves..I'll leave it at that.......
I have said this for quite awhile it would help protect our kids and give our vets some kind of meaningful employment that would utilize all the training they acquired. Naturally there would be psychological evaluation and background checks every so often to pick up on anything that had developed recently

Back
Top Bottom