• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Long range gun range?

Perfect! Not that far also!

Have you been? How is it?

It's been a while, but Chief was great IMO. He's salty but once you know him and he knows that you're not there to tear stuff up, he's good to chat with. He gave my 8 year old son (at the time) some good lessons and got prone with him to coach him on shooting his .22.

The range has about zero wind since it's in a draw, so with 20 mph winds at the tree tops, you'll see almost zero wind shift at the targets.

We have a new range option for the list, about 2.5 hours north in TN. It is already open and as of next week they will have 1000yd option with the fancy target system like CMP
Dead Zero
https://www.deadzeroshooting.com/

Found out from a family friend this weekend while I was back in TN with the family. He is a member, said it is a really nice facility.

I think CMP is closer for most of us but I plan to check this out in the next few weeks.

The Sawmill (formerly SCOTG) in Laurens SC has a 1400yd range with steel. Only catch is that as of now they have no plans to make it a public or membership range. Training and competitions only. We are currently in talks to have them do an open shoot once a month or every other month.

Back
Top Bottom