• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Long Range scope 1200 yard max shot

M Marcos Feliciano , I’m right up the road in Dallas. Hit me up when you’ve got some time, you can slide by my place, I’ll show the differences that folks are talking about here from optic to optic, and get your choices narrowed down. I don’t sell optics, so I don’t care what you buy, but I am an Instructor and will help you get the most bang for your buck. Bring your rifle with you, I’ll go through it with you, maybe you’ll leave knowing more than you did when you arrived!

Semper Fi!

I dont want anything but FFP unless its a 1-6 or 1-8 then I can go either way depending on use case or a short range hunting scope where I will set MPBR and forget it. Or a bench gun. Otherwise any sort of dynamic shooting, I want FFP so that my holdovers/ranging are consistent at any magnification.

M Marcos Feliciano , I’m right up the road in Dallas. Hit me up when you’ve got some time, you can slide by my place, I’ll show the differences that folks are talking about here from optic to optic, and get your choices narrowed down. I don’t sell optics, so I don’t care what you buy, but I am an Instructor and will help you get the most bang for your buck. Bring your rifle with you, I’ll go through it with you, maybe you’ll leave knowing more than you did when you arrived!

Semper Fi!
Your continued contributions to this forum and it's members is greatly appreciated.

I would shop the Sniper’s Hide PX. I would recommend a Vortex Razor or Night Force ATACR for those ranges. Any the below that caliber of optic is going to start going away around 600. You will find most likely that you will run out of parrallex adjustment.

M Marcos Feliciano , there is a reason why everybody chimes in about Vortex's warranty, its because its been used to much. I ordered an Athalon Midas when I opened up the box the windage know was broke so I boxed it up and sent it back, haven't looked at Athalon since but will after a few months when they can get their stuff straight. NF is good glass and has the "internet" name recognition. I've owned everything fro Schmitt and Benders to USO, NF, Bushnell and Vortex. Played with a Tangent Theta and the Swarovski's. I would either take cmshoot cmshoot up on his offer to look at some different scopes and try to save up and increase your budget a little. for $800-1000 You can find something that will work AND Last.

Back
Top Bottom